28th ANNUAL SWAMP GUIDES BALL FISHING TOURNAMENT & AUCTION
All Release – Redfish , Snook, Bonefish
Kick-Off Friday, Feb. 2 & Fish on Saturday, Feb 3, 2018
SWAMP GUIDE’S BALL 2018 RULES AND AWARDS
1. Acceptable species: Bonefish, Redfish & Snook- 100 Points per release.
2. All fish must be released unharmed – NO Harvesting allowed!
3. Any tackle, including fly or bait may be used. NO chumming. Fly caught fish do not receive additional points.
4. Snook and Redfish must be 20" minimum measured from tip of nose to longest portion of tail. Any size bonefish will score.
5. Each entry except bonefish must be photographed on the provided measuring device and the measuring device must be returned to scorekeeper. Bonefish should be photographed in water or net.
6. Anyone may fish including guides. If 3 people in boat, the guide does not fish, only the 2 anglers. Guides do not have to be licensed.
7. All boats must leave & return to the “LOR-E-LEI.” Leave dock at 7 a.m. Lines in at 7 a.m. Lines out at 3 p.m. Score sheets to scorekeeper by 5 p.m.
8. I.G.F.A. rules apply in instances not covered by tournament rules.
9. This is a team tournament. Two anglers per team. Use of second boat is prohibited.
10. Fishing is prohibited in manmade basins, canals and in no-motor zones within the Everglades National Park. With the exception of East Cape/Snake Bight canals which are allowed to be fished.
11. Awards will be given based on accruing the most points with the most species, with the exception of individual species awards.
12. To qualify for team awards, each team member must catch at least one of the qualifying species.
Photographs: Anglers must provide a digital camera with memory card or text or email photo to (NUMBER TO BE DETERMINED) with name of angler and time fish is caught. Each fish entered on a scorecard must be photographed with the measuring device visible except bonefish which may be photographed in the water or net.
1st Place Team
2nd Place Team
3rd Place Team
Team awards will be based on the highest team point score with all three species. Teams with all three species supersede teams gaining more points without catching all three species.
If no team catches all three species, the team with the most points with two species will determine the winner. If no team catches two species, the awards will be given on one species.
Ladies Grand Champion
As with team awards, number of species supersedes total points
Top Guide (Not Fishing); awarded to the guide whose 2 anglers combined have the most points
Top Fly division (new as of 2017); awarded to angler with most combined points on fly. As with team awards, number of species supersedes total points
**Junior Award (age 16 and under) 1st Place/2nd Place only**. As with team awards, number of species supersedes total points